Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education’s Faculty Development department is seeking a full time Faculty Manager. This position will assist with the research, planning, and facilitation of faculty development training and workshops that focus on best practices in higher education pedagogy in order to enhance teaching and student learning in the classrooms. This position will be responsible for supporting both the online faculty and the ground faculty.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the online instruction classes.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with all university policies and government regulations in the day to day instructional classroom.
- Monitors processes and workflow, develops recommendations for improvement, and ensures up-to-date documentation.
- Assist with any escalated issues that may arise, address complaints and resolve problems
- Prepares reports on productivity trends and ensures staff productivity meets goals.
- Participates as member of online instruction management team in all process improvement and academic instructional initiatives.
- Teaches when needed, but at least, once per academic year.
- Works closely with metrics and other reports to analyze and show department progress
- Mentor and coach team and conduct weekly 1-on-1s and classroom reviews
- Monitor activity in classrooms of full time faculty to ensure exceptional instructional effectiveness and expectation are met
- Work closely with all departments in the University to assist in streamlining ideas, projects and other business related needs
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution required.
- Experience working in post-secondary setting.
- 5 years post-secondary teaching experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with excellent presentation skills and the ability to present information in an interesting, clear and concise manner.
- Mathematical skills along with a proficiency in analyzing data and information in order to formulate sound conclusions and create summary reports.
- Possess reasoning ability, critical thinking and interpretive skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, data analysis software competency (ex: Excel, XRM), Presentation software (ex: Prezi, power point), e-learning/Learning Management Systems, and Student Response Systems.
- Knowledgeable of needs analysis techniques, adult education and current trends in faculty development.
- Knowledge of and experience with designing, facilitating and evaluating professional development workshops and trainings.
- Knowledge of pedagogy and best practices in teaching and learning in the traditional college classroom.
- Familiarity with conducting classroom observations and instructional coaching.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work harmoniously within a team and/or independently.
- Self motivated and self directed with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000017124