Grand Canyon Education's Faculty Development department is seeking a full time Faculty Specialist. This position will assist with the research, planning, and facilitation of faculty development training and workshops that focus on best practices in higher education pedagogy in order to enhance teaching and student learning in the traditional campus classrooms. This position will be responsible for supporting both the online faculty and the ground faculty.
- Assists in identifying core topics for online faculty professional development opportunities that are founded in the GCU Mission and the common program outcomes of various colleges.
- Assists in planning and facilitating professional development in Higher Ed pedagogy for faculty. Researches topics, trends, etc. and plans, prepares and delivers training, classroom, presentation, workshop, and/or e-learning courses.
- Participates in the University’s Faculty Development Advisory Board initiatives which may include planning the learning opportunities for Campus Faculty.
- Facilitates the implementation of Peer Classroom Review process to increase teaching effectiveness that directly impacts student learning on the campus.
- Collects, analyzes, monitors, and reports data related to the effectiveness of professional development activities.
- Designs training for electronic resources like TurnItIn, LMS, and classroom technology.
- Collaborates with other University departments to design professional development that enhances instruction, student learning and assessment.
- Researches and reports on current innovations in higher education teaching, learning, and assessment models.
- Supports the department’s and University’s Academic Strategic Plans.
- Supports, subscribes to and maintains the University’s guiding principles.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Professional Development.
- Minimal supervisory of student workers.
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution required.
- Experience working in post-secondary setting.
- 3-5 years post-secondary face to face teaching experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with excellent presentation skills and the ability to present information in an interesting, clear and concise manner.
- Mathematical skills along with a proficiency in analyzing data and information in order to formulate sound conclusions and create summary reports.
- Possess reasoning ability, critical thinking and interpretive skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, data analysis software competency (ex: Excel, XRM), Presentation software (ex: Prezi, power point), e-learning/Learning Management Systems, and Student Response Systems.
- Knowledgeable of needs analysis techniques, adult education and current trends in faculty development.
- Knowledge of and experience with designing, facilitating and evaluating professional development workshops and trainings.
- Knowledge of pedagogy and best practices in teaching and learning in the traditional college classroom.
- Familiarity with conducting classroom observations and instructional coaching.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work harmoniously within a team and/or independently.
- Self motivated and self directed with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020823