Event Travel Administrator
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Grand Canyon Education’s Travel Department is seeking an Event Travel Administrator. The Event Travel Administrator is responsible for overseeing and assisting a team, primarily student workers, that books travel for incoming GCU guests’ events on campus. Oversight and assistance of the team shall include ensuring outlined processes are being followed, oversee quality control across all aspects of the assigned team’s tasks, ensure compliance with the established service level agreements, provide a high level of customer service, whilst ensuring a positive team environment.
What you will do:
- Oversee and assist a team that books travel for incoming GCU guests’ events on campus, which shall include but not limited to:
- Assist with questions/problems.
- Suggest updates to the tasks/processes as needed based on objectives to continually improve efficiency.
- Communicate and assist in training on updates and new information to ensure consistency in execution of operational procedures and increase efficiencies.
- Develop and help implement tools, reports, processes, and/or technology to streamline tasks.
- Assist with problem resolution for escalated issues to ensure satisfactory resolution for all parties.
- Monitor team performance on daily basis, through all monitoring tools, including checking travel booking queues, to ensure compliance with provided guidelines.
- Monitor team email inboxes and communicate with event organizers in a timely manner.
- Train new hires.
- Review and apply unused tickets and/or exchange tickets prior to travel departure date.
- Book travel efficiently and effectively, reviewing for accuracy, as needed.
- Assist in securing and updating group hotel contracts for events.
- Maintain and send daily required reporting.
- Look for efficiencies in the team process and works with management to implement improvements.
- Extensive usage of Microsoft programs, including Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Excel, and Word.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with internal and external vendors.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in booking airline and hotel travel in an agency or corporate environment preferred.
- Experience with Apollo/Smartpoint/Travelport GDS preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, as well as internal and external customers.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCE:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
#AdministrativeAssistant #ExecutiveAssistant #CustomerService #AdministrativeSupport #Hospitality #GuestService Representative #GroupHousingCoordinator #RoomBlock #Operations #GroupRoomsCoordinator #TravelAgent #TravelCounselor #TravelCoordinator