Enrollment Counselor- Online Division- Single Course Division
The Enrollment Counselor assists prospective students interested in enrolling in online single courses at our premier private university and guides online students in making well-informed decisions about their college career. You’ll help students achieve educational goals and create meaningful futures at Grand Canyon University.
We rely on this position to serve as the first impression of GCU and build counselor-student relationships. You’ll introduce a student to the exciting college experience, and then in partnership with other GCU team members, continue to advise the student throughout their course(s) to ensure long-term student success and student retention.
If you’re passionate about impacting futures in academia and joining our rapidly growing university, we want to hear from you! A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced team environment that’s student-focused and customer service-oriented. We would love to meet you if you’re energetic and excel at providing excellent service. This position is for the Single Course Division located at our Phoenix office.
Starting salary is $40,000 per year
While these positions are Phoenix, AZ based roles, we are currently in a remote status. This position may require you to be in the office 2 days per week (subject to change) and/or there also may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided. New hire training will remain remote through September 2021 with more information to come.
- Guides prospective students through the University’s single course admissions processes including answering questions relating to program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, and ensures students have a solid understanding of the time commitment, technology and skills required to be a successful online learner
- Introduces new students to the online learning environment and serves as the primary point of contact for student questions and concerns regarding online degree requirements, programs, policies and procedures
- As a member of a high-performing team, meets performance goals and generate referral activity
- Communicates with new and prospective students by extensive phone contact (3+ hours talk time per day)
- Keeps track of, enters information into computer software and ensures accurate student information while observing confidentiality of information
- A bachelor’s degree or 5 years of related experience with a minimum of 60 college credits completed and progressing toward an undergraduate degree
- Proficient in the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated and passionate with determination to educate, build relationships and deliver exceptional service
- Ability to work in a goal driven and measured performance environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and confident phone presence.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
Pay: up to $40,000/year
This position is for the <b>Single Course Division </b>located at our <b>Phoenix</b> office.</p><p><p><b>Starting salary is $40,000 per year</b></p><p><p><b>While these positions are Phoenix
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000032670-1