Endpoint Operations Technician (Carmel, IN)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking an Endpoint Operations Technician to assist staff and faculty with their technological needs. This includes deploying, installing, and supporting current software and hardware. The position requires the use of proper communication techniques in a team format and also in a one-on-one setting with the faculty and staff. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Please note, this position is located in Carmel, IN.
- Supports staff by organizing, deploying, and troubleshooting the necessary technology on a request basis.
- Responds to help desk/work orders, telephone calls, email and other requests for technical support of the devices and tracks and monitors each issue through to resolution.
- Issues new and/or replacement computers/peripheral devices for employees as needed, ensuring replacement device is working properly.
- Receives returned computers/peripheral devices and inspects for damage and conducts necessary repairs as is allowable.
- Using appropriate software, inputs data to accurately track asset information, computer/peripheral device assignments, asset numbers and returned devices.
- Retrieves data and prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Elevates non-routine employee issues and requests to manager, assisting with problem solving when necessary.
- Secures employee signatures on releases, Policy/Responsibility Statements, receipts of distribution, etc., maintains accurate records for and/or ensures signed forms are distributed to the appropriate personnel/department.
- Identifies and maintains information for manufacturers’ warranty for covered devices and situations. May interact with communication provider as necessary or as directed to secure information.
- May assist with other Information Technology Department’s staffing needs such as help desk, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent such as a G.E.D.
- An associate’s degree in information technology or electronics technology or a similar program is preferred.
- 1 year experience in a business environment acquiring skills and knowledge as required.
- A combination of education and experience which prepares the employee with the necessary knowledge, skills and capabilities may be substitute with approval from department manager.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com