Email Marketing Strategist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education’s Marketing department is seeking a full time Email Marketing Strategist. This position works independently and is responsible for supporting the online marketing team with lead generation and nurturing activities. The primary responsibility for this position will be to execute email marketing campaigns from concept through completion, including analytics and recommendations. The individual should have a broad understanding of digital marketing, email best practices and target marketing based on a customer lifecycle.
- Execute strategic email campaigns targeting leads, alumni, students and faculty.
- Ensure that all email campaigns are executed in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain email campaign performance reports.
- Develop and maintain email templates.
- Work with cross-functional teams through implementation and compliance to produce effective email communications.
- Collaborate with IT, graphic designers and copywriters to optimize the design, content, targeting & messaging of email communications.
- Schedule emails for deployment.
- Ensures GCU branding standards are upheld.
- Assist with additional digital projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, eCommerce or related field required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) required
- At least one year experience in email marketing or automation marketing and /or journey building
- Knowledge of core technologies, including HTML, CSS, web activity reporting, and the principles of usable design
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver or other html editor
- Experience with responsive design a plus
- Experience with ExactTarget marketing software / Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other similar digital marketing automation software
- Experience in development, testing and implementation of automated and event triggered email programs
- Experience with Workamajig or other project management software a plus
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com