Email Marketing Specialist
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
The email marketing specialist is responsible for supporting the online marketing team with lead generation and nurturing activities. The primary responsibility for this position will be to execute email marketing campaigns from concept through completion, including analytics and recommendations. The individual should have a broad understanding of digital marketing, email best practices and target marketing based on a customer lifecycle. This position reports to the Email Marketing Manager.
What you will do:
- Execute strategic email campaigns targeting leads, alumni, students and faculty.
- Ensure that all email campaigns are executed in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain email campaign performance reports.
- Develop and maintain email templates.
- Work with cross-functional teams through implementation and QA to produce effective email communications.
- Collaborate with IT, design and copywriters to optimize the design, content, targeting & messaging of email communications.
- Schedule emails for deployment.
- Ensures GCU branding standards are upheld.
- Assist with additional digital projects as requested.
What you will have:
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep projects on time.
- Broad understanding of email and database marketing infrastructures & technologies.
- Experience executing campaigns where email is often one component of a multi-pronged marketing strategy; working with other groups to execute as part of larger campaign.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent writing skills and a good command of the English language.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, technical understanding and effective experience in the consumer- or student-focused digital space.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, collaborative team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep projects on time and track.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to meet changing deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, ecommerce or related field required.
- Minimum one years’ experience online marketing experience; prior experience with internet marketing or digital marketing, email marketing preferred.
- Basic knowledge of core technologies, including HTML, CSS, web activity reporting, and the principles of usable design
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Experience with Silverpop software a plus
- Experience leading the development, testing and implementation of automated and event triggered email programs a plus.
Why work at GCE:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program