Email Marketing Manager
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
The email marketing manager is responsible for the management of email marketing communications and the email marketing team, ensuring a consistent branding is used in both email design and voice with a major focus on marketing automation, trigger-based marketing practices and analytics. This position must have a broad understanding of digital marketing, email best practices and target marketing based on a customer lifecycle.
- Lead and manage the email marketing team in the development, enhancement, testing and reviewing of partner’s enterprise marketing email campaigns
- Maintain daily and monthly email reporting
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of email best practices and compliance regulation including CAN-SPAM Act and express written consent and guidelines from email service providers
- Collaborate with IT and CRM team to troubleshoot integration file issues and problems.
- Work with departments such as Financial Aid and Academic Compliance to assist with streamlining student communications through automation.
- Troubleshoot issues with email campaigns and data segmentation as they arise
- Leverage data to drive email improvements, with a consistent focus on optimizing performance by improving open and click through rates
- Participate in planning sessions with both marketing team members and customers to create new email lifecycle campaigns, both automated and manual.
- Interpret client’s needs and create well defined email campaign plans; Execute campaigns on time, accurately and within budget; this will necessitate project planning, project plan creation and ongoing management, execution and implementation.
- Collaborate with web team, designers and copywriters to optimize the design, content, targeting & messaging of email communications
- Assist with management of budget with outside contractors and service providers
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, ecommerce or related field required, master’s degree in related field a plus but not required
- 5 years marketing experience, with at least 3 years prior experience in email marketing
- Strong knowledge of core technologies, including HTML, CSS, email analytics, web activity reporting, and the principles of usable design
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Experience with ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Experience leading the development, testing and implementation of automated and event triggered email programs preferred
- Experience leading and managing a team
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.