Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
The Editor position works closely with curriculum development team to develop, edit, and maintain curriculum content and other projects.
What you will do:
- Edits curriculum for grammar, mechanics, and content prior to quality assurance and peer review.
- Copyedits content for clarity, consistency, and adherence to appropriate style guides, including APA, MLA, Turabian, and others as needed.
- Proofreads material in a variety of systems and formats.
- Applies appropriate context, audience, and purpose while editing.
- Collaborates directly with curriculum developers and instructional designers to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and reflect appropriate editorial standards.
- Works independently to manage multiple projects to meet ongoing and varied deadlines.
- Identifies and promotes needs of the department to provide solutions to problems and support of ongoing change.
- Stays abreast of changes in the field of editing and requirements of the organization and makes appropriate adjustments to practice.
- Takes appropriate actions to ensure that issues are proactively identified, investigated, addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved quickly.
- Provides quality service in working with partners, in coordination of workflows within intra- and inter-departmental entities, and in facilitating communication among stakeholders.
- Establishes self-driven expectations to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, and service.
- Performs additional duties as required.
What you will have:
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Office suite; Ability to learn additional software as needed.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language.
- Bachelor’s degree required in journalism, communication, writing, English, language arts, or related field
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
Why work at GCE:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program