Editor - Curriculum Development
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon University’s Curriculum Design and Development department is seeking a full time Editor. This position works with the curriculum development team to develop, edit, and maintain interactive, content for GCU courses.
- Copy, edits content for clarity, consistency, and adherence to the GCU style guide; proofreads material online; checks changes; and conducts comparison reads.
- Edits curriculum prior to peer review for grammar, mechanics and content.
- Edits for APA style.
- Makes changes to the academic catalog and student handbook on policies and wording.
- Proofreads ad hoc documents.
- Updates the Colleague database with changes and deletions to courses.
- Work directly with curriculum developers, and instructional designers to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and reflect GCU’s editorial standards
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023759