Director of Academic Alliances
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
SUMMARY: Manage, develop and maintain business relationships with existing and potential specific demographic clients to meet GCU business objectives. May be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow the targeted partnerships; execute partnership agreements.
This role focuses on a group of specific partnerships and may be held by two or more individuals. The role will manage the relationships in a combination of these demographic constituencies and will focus within the Dallas, TX territory. These may not be mutually exclusive.
- Dallas K-12, public, private and charter schools, or other school organizations
- Christian schools and/or organizations to develop CCSC partnerships
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership for projects and events that have been established as a benefit of Partners in Learning, Leading and Serving, The Canyon Christian Schools Consortium and the Canyon Educational Partnership Agreements, such as Professional Development Workshops or Conferences, Focus on the Future for Third through Eight Graders and other university partner sponsored events.
- Manage projects and events to ensure coordination between internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Conduct presentations, focus groups, meetings, informational sessions and professional development opportunities to influence increased participation in university partner activities and maintain or gain new partnership relationship and agreements
- Connect key stakeholders in current and potential partner schools, districts, institutions and agencies to key points of contact within university partner to provide maximum customer satisfaction and best probability of partnership effectiveness, efficiency and success for mutual benefit of both parties.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures of relationship building and quality customer service.
- Knowledge of K-12, public, charter and private education, e.g., operations, specific educational achievement requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Knowledge and understanding of utilizing social media for marketing
- Strong knowledge of marketing and business development best practices
- Results driven; able to plan and organize to meet agreed upon goals
- Able to develop relationships to be seen as a "subject matter expert" in professional development for education.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 6 years’ of partnership development and marketing experience.
- Knowledge of K-12, public, charter and private education required.
- Must be able to travel to partnership organizations in assigned area.
- Must be able to travel on weekends and overnights.
- K-12 superintendent experience preferred.
- Working experience in the education sector for partnership/marketing development.
- Master’s Degree.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com