Director, Nursing Services
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
We have an immediate need for a Director of Nursing Services for our new site in Colorado.
The Director of Nursing Services is accountable for providing leadership and management of the hybrid accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) learning site in collaboration with the university and health care partner(s). Nursing services may include scheduling, proctoring, skills laboratory, clinical placement and compliance, and simulation.
Site Location: Located near the Denver Tech Center (Greenwood Village)
Salary Estimation: $90,000 / year to $100,000/ year
What you will do:
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development of clinical, lab, and simulation activities so as to meet agreed organizational and university partner goals and outcomes
- Establish and maintain appropriate organizational systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timelines
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff ensuring organizational and university partner qualifications, certifications, and requirements are completed upon hire and annually
- Secure and manage equipment and supplies to ensure implementation of all clinical, lab and Simulation activities
- Collaborate with ABSN Director to ensure delivery of services to students
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and other regulatory compliance guidelines.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Graduate degree in nursing from an accredited program (CCNE or ACEN) within a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years nursing practice with demonstrated evidence of accountability for outcomes
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience, including supervision of personnel
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience (must include clinical teaching) at the baccalaureate level or higher in nursing
Nice to have:
- Doctoral degree / DNP or PhD in Nursing
- Online teaching experience preferred
- Licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in Colorado
- MLN Certification as a nurse educator (CNE)
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!