Digital Marketing Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education’s Marketing department is seeking a full time Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS). This position will work collaboratively with assigned marketing partners and University clients in planning, executing and overseeing digital marketing initiatives. The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for complex digital marketing initiatives, with higher visibility web properties and has in-depth knowledge of digital marketing campaigns. Web marketing refers to marketing efforts that utilize the university client’s website properties, which are leveraged to promote the University’s educational services.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
- Apply broad-based knowledge of digital marketing principles, techniques and project development in advising and assisting assigned client group(s) in developing and implementing well-thought out and creative web marketing strategies and initiatives to meet the client’s organizational needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the on-time delivery of projects to the client management team as well as communicate any updates that may impact or change the final product or the timing of its delivery to the client.
- Ensure all aspects of each web project process is followed and that all steps are taken, including QA and review for final deliverables. This includes drafting and preparing final drafts for publishing on all digital assets.
- In collaboration with the marketing campaign lead, interpret client’s needs and create project plans for campaign launches to execute on time and accurately. Includes project planning, ongoing management, execution and implementation of web initiatives.
- Coordinate with internal cross-functional project teams to create a cohesive and optimal user experience on web properties.
- Responsible for the building, updating, publishing, status reporting, and monitoring the stability of web properties that support the client, ensuring high quality standards delivery that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations, and the end-users needs.
- Works with web design team to ensures defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of web properties.
- Work with digital content specialists to support campaigns’ creative and messaging content and confirm that campaign is connecting with the appropriate target audience.
- Research competitor behavior and find new and innovative ways to elevate the client Brand, through the university partner web properties.
- Develop performance metrics and reporting for ROI on designated web properties and recommends areas of improvement to marketing management.
- Collaborates with other departments, including IT and web development to ensure that web projects are executed to their full potential and within their assigned deadlines.
- Actively stays informed of current concepts, techniques, technology to offer contemporary solutions and applies to clients’ campaigns
- Works closely with enrollment, and colleges to promote necessary degree programs and initiatives based on current performance and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field required from a regionally accredited institution.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in web marketing.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screen.
- Proven experience executing digital marketing campaigns for a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation. Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.