Digital Marketing & SEO Specialist
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Marketing department is seeking a full time Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS). This position will report to a Marketing Manager but work independently, collaborate with assigned marketing partners and University clients in planning, executing and overseeing digital marketing initiatives on GCE’s web properties. The DMS progressively will work on complex digital marketing initiatives and will work with higher visibility web properties as this role progresses through the department. The DMS a clients’ overall marketing campaigns, and works collaboratively with the marketing team project lead or the client on the implementation of web marketing plans which support the client’s total marketing strategy. Web marketing refers to marketing efforts that use website properties, which are leveraged to promote the University’s educational services and objectives.
- Applies broad-based knowledge of digital marketing principles, techniques and project development in advising and assisting assigned University client group(s) in developing and implementing well-thought out and creative web marketing strategies and initiatives to meet the client’s organizational needs.
- Builds, develops and maintains effective business relationships with University client(s) and marketing partners.
- Serves as a key liaison with assigned client group and is perceived by key client as one of the strategic marketing representatives.
- Facilitates and presents at all key client meetings in either developing or presenting web initiatives or strategies that would enhance the end-user experience with web properties.
- May represent the digital marketing department with executive level groups in the University as needed.
- In collaboration with the marketing campaign lead, interprets client’s needs and creates project plans for campaign launches to execute on time and accurately. Includes project planning, project plan creation and ongoing management, execution and implementation of web initiatives.
- Coordinates with internal cross-functional project teams to create a strategic web marketing plan by utilizing both digital and traditional marketing methods/channels (i.e., brochures, flyers, posters, postcards, direct mail, billboards, apparel, emails, landing pages, micro sties, social media, radio, etc.), in order to create a cohesive and optimal user experience on web properties.
- Responsible for the building, updating, publishing, status reporting, and stability of web properties that support the client, ensuring high quality standards delivery that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations, and the end-users needs.
- Ensures defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of web properties.
- Supports the campaigns’ creative and messaging are connecting with the appropriate target audience(s), to research competitors, and find new and innovative ways to elevate the Brand, through web properties.
- Develops performance metrics and reporting for ROI on designated web properties and recommends areas of improvement to marketing management.
- Reviews effectiveness of implemented digital marketing projects and adjusts plans as necessary with project lead and/or clients; prepares and interprets associated digital marketing performance metrics.
- Collaborates with other departments, including IT, to ensure that web projects are executed to their full potential, within deadline.
- Provides advice, guidance and mentoring to prerequisite Digital Marketing Specialists as needed.
- Manages web projects from start to finish, with designated University partners.
- Stays abreast of current concepts, techniques, technology to offer contemporary solutions.
- May provide direction, oversight and mentoring to less-experienced Marketing staff members, and student-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field required from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in web marketing.
- Proven experience executing digital marketing campaigns for a variety of audiences.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon hiring manger’s approval.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Proficient with Photoshop, Google Analytics, HTML/ CMS platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent presentation skills to present a variety of information from simple to complex.
- Excellent oral and written communications; a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Ability to think quickly and respond immediately in strategy and information meetings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP writing style.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- An ability to help clients to clearly define needs and objectives.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- Knowledge of media placement processes among multiple media channels.
- Applied knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- An ability to work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player and able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas.
- Well-defined knowledge base in sales, marketing and business development concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope professionally with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023313