Digital Copywriter Manager
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education continues to grow and is adding a new Digital Content Marketing Manager. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing, and works with the digital marketing team to write, edit and manage content for all gcu.edu websites (and other subdomains as needed). Leads a team of Digital Content Specialists.
The Digital Copywriter Manager also oversees the content presented on websites and blogs and also responsible for creating, editing, posting, updating and occasionally cleaning up outdated content.
Responsible for keeping information displayed on the sites fresh, informative and appealing. The "content strategy" is to create, write and manage content so as to achieve business goals and be a voice for GCU.
This role is responsible for developing content strategies based on business objectives and the end user’s needs. Oversees content requirements and creates content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle.
Please Note: To be considered for this opportunity, please attach a link to your writing portfolio.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver business results.
- Manages GCU website content, including writing, editing and optimizing new and existing content as well as organizing and archiving website documents to ensure all content is tracked.
- Manages GCU Blogs, including content creation and optimization.
- Develops and manages content strategies and project plans for digital marketing across all platforms, including websites, email, video and social media.
- Works with Marketing Services team to develop a content strategy; may participate in client facing meetings as needed to ensure effective understanding of what is possible in a content strategy.
- Assists with writing when necessary and responsible for reviewing and editing all copy for all GCU websites, including gcu.edu, students.gcu.edu, alumni.gcu.edu, blogs.gcu.edu and GCU enterprise sites taking into account both SEO and digital content best practices, voice, style and layout.
- Builds, develops and maintains effective business relationships with university client(s), internal marketing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Communicates content strategies and results to all marketing teams; maintains content calendar with timelines as a tracking mechanism for all.
- Manages and oversees the process for tracking all digital content.
- Collaborates with senior digital marketing manager, SEO team and digital marketing specialists to ensure all pages are optimized.
- Collaborates across functions (internal marketing as well) to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensures and/or creates compelling website content that supports corporate brand visibility and strategic initiatives.
- Ensures defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of content.
- Ensures all content complies with all communication standards, e.g., Federal and state, and any other regulatory agencies which govern higher education.
- Participates in analysis of marketing data analytics (clicks, traffic), and recommends areas of improvement to marketing leadership and clients.
- Reviews effectiveness of executed content strategies and adjusts plans as necessary.
- Stays abreast of current concepts, techniques and technology to offer contemporary solutions.
- Mentor all team members including direct reports as part of a regular ongoing consistent leadership approach.
- Provides hands on operational support as needed.
- Develops a culture of high energy, highly collaborative and team work through team building activities and regular and consistent information/communication sessions.
- Respected by all stakeholders in approach and style of management, ideas and innovation.
- Drive innovation in thought and deliverables to keep GCU on "cutting edge".
- To be considered for this opportunity, please attach a link to your writing portfolio.
- Bachelor degree in marketing or public relations/communications required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience developing content for Web.
- Minimum of one year experience serving as lead for a team involved with digital content.
- Proven experience writing for the Web, including knowledge of best practices for SEO and AP writing style.
- Experience writing, editing and optimizing blogs, using best SEO practices and client input, while still carrying out initiatives from leadership.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with high-level staff and executives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; cope with changing priorities and complete projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management and/or content management software, social media platforms.
- Ability to think quickly and respond immediately in strategy and information meetings.
- An ability to help clients to clearly define needs and objectives.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- An ability to work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player and able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.