Digital Content Specialist - Remote Opportunity
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is a Phoenix-based organization, but remote opportunities are available. Must be able to work on a Eastern Daylight Timezone.
Responsible for collaborating with the Digital Content team to write and edit content for all university partner websites. Also responsible for posting and updating and occasionally cleaning up outdated content. Responsible for keeping information displayed on the sites fresh, informative and appealing. The "content strategy" is to create, write and manage content to achieve business goals and be a voice for GCE clients. Grand Canyon Education is a Phoenix-based organization, but remote opportunities are available.
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
- Assist with executing content marketing initiatives to drive website traffic and leads.
- Responsible for maintaining/enhancing university partner blogs, including content creation.
- May participate in client-facing meetings as needed to ensure effective understanding of the agreed upon content strategy ensuring that the strategy is doable.
- Review and edit copy for all university partner websites, taking into account both SEO and digital content best practices, voice, style and layout and maintaining website copy documents to ensure all content is tracked and up to date.
- Responsible for all the university partner web content, including writing, editing, optimizing and organizing new and existing content.
- Maintain effective business relationships with university client(s), internal marketing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Digital Content Marketing team to ensure all pages are optimized.
- Ensure defined brand strategy is applied in all published content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Writing, editing and optimizing blogs and websites utilizing SEO best practices
- AP style writing
- Marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), project management software, CMS, SEO platforms
May assist with overseeing student workers who update content for blogs; scheduling, coaching and reviewing and editing their content.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, writing, English, or public relations, communications or related fields
- Minimum of two years’ experience developing content for web
- Demonstrated experience writing, editing and optimizing web content and blogs, using SEO best practices, AP style and client brand voice, while still carrying out initiatives from leadership
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.