Digital Content Marketing Manager
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education continues to grow and is adding a new Digital Content Marketing Manager. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing, and works with the digital marketing team to write, edit and manage content for all gcu.edu websites (and other subdomains as needed). Leads a team of Digital Content Specialists.
The Digital Content Marketing Manager also oversees the content presented on websites and blogs and also responsible for creating, editing, posting, updating and occasionally cleaning up outdated content.
Responsible for keeping information displayed on the sites fresh, informative and appealing. The "content strategy" is to create, write and manage content so as to achieve business goals and be a voice for GCU.
This role is responsible for developing content strategies based on business objectives and the end user’s needs. Oversees content requirements and creates content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle.
- Works with Marketing Services team to develop a content marketing strategy; may participate in client facing meetings as needed to ensure effective understanding of what is possible in a content strategy.
- Manages communication and tracking of the content strategies and project plans for digital marketing across all platforms, including websites, email, video and social media.
- Works with the SEO Manager to develop and ensure effective execution of gathering and analyzing marketing data analytics (clicks, traffic), and recommends areas of improvement to marketing leadership and clients.
- In charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars, style guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks and content migration plans.
- Reviews campaigns to ensure content initiative is achieving highest return results and meets acceptable cost expenditures.
- Reviews effectiveness of executed content strategies and adjusts plans as necessary; reviews web content for SEO optimization and recommends revisions as needed.
- Manages GCU.edu website content (and other subdomains as needed), including writing, editing and optimizing new and existing content as well as organizing and maintaining website copy documents to ensure all content is tracked and up-to-date.
- Manages the creation process for GCU Blogs, including content creation and optimization.
- Assists with writing when necessary and responsible for reviewing and editing all copy for all GCU.edu websites (and other subdomains as needed) taking into account both SEO and digital content best practices, voice, style and layout.
- Builds, develops and maintains effective business relationships with university client(s), internal marketing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Manages and oversees the process for tracking all digital content.
- Ensures defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of content.
- Stays up-to-date on current concepts, techniques and technology to offer contemporary solutions.
- Mentor all team members including direct reports as part of a regular ongoing consistent leadership approach.
- Provides hands on operational support as needed.
- Develops a culture of high energy, highly collaborative and team work through team building activities and regular and consistent information/communication sessions.
- Respected by all stakeholders in approach and style of management, ideas and innovation.
- Drive innovation in thought and deliverables to keep GCU on "cutting edge".
- Bachelor degree in marketing or public relations/communications required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience developing content for Web.
- Minimum of two years’ experience serving as lead for a content team preferred.
- Highly proficient in ability to gather key business and user insights and then apply highly developed analytical and strategic planning skills to create vision/action plan to develop content meeting client’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to compellingly communicate a brand’s story, and a design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles fully encompassing the digital marketing platform trends.
- Strong ability to help clients to clearly define needs and objectives.
- Highly honed skill of creating strategic content marketing plans and contents.
- Proven experience writing for the Web, including knowledge of best practices for SEO and AP writing style.
- Skilled with using several SEO and A/B testing tracking systems (keyword trackers, GA360, Optimize, etc.)
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- Skilled in understanding marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment and ability to translate this data into marketing recommendations for content initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with high-level staff and executives.
- Highly competent in providing leadership and direction to digital content specialists and team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; cope with changing priorities and complete projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com