Digital Asset Manager
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is Growing and we’re adding a Digital Asset Manager to our team! This position will be an integral part of the University partner’s the multimedia team. The position will work with the video and photo marketing team to maintain and be the go-to resource for all digital multimedia assets. They will serve as the main data librarian of the SAN video server, as well as the Merlin photo archive system, entrusted with the integrity and structure of footage and asset storage. The Digital Asset Manager is responsible for leading the overall strategy, implementation, and workflow of digital asset management systems as well as overseeing user training and onboarding. Curating, organizing, documenting, cataloging, and managing all digital assets including images, videos, written content, audio, testimonials, reviews, and more. To do so effectively, person must be a highly organized great communicator with a knack for problem solving and long-term planning.
- Manage data in a server environment including but not limited to: organizing data drives, workflow reinforcement/resource, meta data tagging (backlog and ongoing), finding footage, establishing processes and long term data planning and archiving.
- Receive digital assets directly from staff and managing them by adhering to and maintaining meticulous digital naming conventions, file management, metadata, and quality control.
- Ensure the preservation and security of digital content.
- Analyzing current storage methods and continually looking to improve process.
- Establish, develop, and/or adopt DAM best practices (e.g., naming taxonomies, metadata schema, tagging standards) across the department and within multiple asset categories.
- Provide quality control for all metadata to ensure accuracy and consistency across the institution. Develop and managing metadata tools, controlled vocabularies, and other standardization solutions.
- Curate and select images and video for special projects as needed.
- Perform regular software and hardware updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or Broadcast Maintenance Engineering training.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with studio production.
- Experience with network storage devices, photo archive storage and general production.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- MS Windows including MS office, Outlook and Visio.
- IP networking, file system structure, software installation/update practices and experience using FTP, telnet and terminal applications with serial interfaces.
- Mac OSX including application installation, file system basics and network configuration.
- SAN server expertise
- Photo archive knowledge
- Video transcoding knowledge
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.