Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to be a part of our Automation team. Our DevOps Engineering role is versatile, creative and will know how to think "outside-the-box.". In this role, you will play a key role in building, designing and enhancing applications running in AWS. You will work closely with application developers and infrastructure teams to handle rapid platform deployments and releases. Other responsibilities will include custom automation, analytics and reporting on the various systems that we operate on premises and in the cloud.
- Build and design Cloud infrastructure with modern techniques that are agile and scalable.
- Architect and engineer solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Automate infrastructure using infrastructure as code tools.
- Configure and maintain CI/CD pipelines deployments on-premises and in the cloud.
- Streamline processes using code and tooling to improve time-to-market of services.
- Maintain and develop analytics, reports and metrics.
- Serve as an escalation point for investigation and troubleshooting issues in production, QA and DEV environments.
- Assist with the repair and recovery from hardware or software failures.
- Adhere to standards for operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Monitor and performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimizations as required.
- Coordinate meetings and communicate with non-technical staff on project requests.
- Potentially provide after hours on-call support.
- 5 - 10 years of blended experience supporting Linux, Windows, virtualization, storage, networking, backups and DR
- In-depth technical knowledge of current infrastructure protocols, business platforms, middleware, internet standards, and database software.
- Extensive experience in one or more programming languages including Python, PowerShell, C#, Powershell, Go, etc.
- Moderate to high level experience using configuration management/infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Working knowledge of containers and container management products/methodologies such as Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Significant experience operating productions systems in AWS and/or Azure Cloud.
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as GIT or TFS.
- Familiar with build/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, or others.
- Proven experience operating Open Source software in production.
- Strong technical understanding of enterprise computing solutions including: Architectural design and oversight.
- Detail oriented and able to think independently
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and self-confidence along with strong verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- An openness to see problems or issues from various angles and a willingness to discuss and meeting with other teams to vet solutions until a common goal or solution is agreed upon.
- Agile and able to adapt and adjust as required until the business needs are met.
- Ability to research and articulate recommended solutions and technology; design, develop and document technical solutions; document procedures and change management documentation; experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to create and interpret complex technical drawings and information.
- Personable and effective in all forms of communication.
- Preference to working with a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Industry certifications a plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000021735