Database Developer II
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a MS Full Stack and Database Developer II to design, develop and deliver robust, scalable applications that will provide the greatest benefit to the University computing environment.
- Works directly with business partners to develop the technical design of custom applications.
- Defines best practices for application coding and design.
- Works closely with business groups and development team to ensure that technical design and applications satisfy business needs.
- Establishes product roadmaps and schedules with input from business groups and the development team.
- Supports the definition, implementation of architectures, tools and processes to facilitate solution development.
- Able to interface and effectively integrate Microsoft Office product suite.
- Confer with users and team members to develop, understand and update requirements for configuration and development of software.
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Maintain, support and troubleshoot Web applications hosted on a software as a service platform.
- Identify opportunities for application scalability, sustainability & improvement
- Evaluate customer or internally drive functionality change requests for technical feasibility and level of effort
- Prepare database schema for review and deployment
- Execute programming updates for application updates or enhancements per project.
- Conduct application software testing, prototype review, and quality assurance for stage and production release and post release monitoring and follow up.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software design and implementation; experience leading large projects, mentoring staff and creating problem-solving strategies.
- Strong understanding of web servers, load-balancing, redundancy and 3-tier architecture; system development lifecycle processes; object-oriented development and principles.
- An equivalent combination of directly-related work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000021896