Data Warehousing Specialist - US Remote Opportunity
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is hiring for a Data Warehousing Specialist. The purpose of this role is to support the analytic and reporting requirements needed by the Marketing department. Working alongside the other members of the data team, the role will develop and maintain data warehouses and data marts consumed by marketing reporting and analyst requests. Acting as a subject matter expert in data warehousing, this role will help to maintain the existing infrastructure and make improvements to adhere to warehousing standards.
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Ensure the structure, accuracy, and quality of warehouse data.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems.
- Design and implement warehouse database structures in conjunction with Business Intelligence Developers.
- Optimize existing data warehouses and data marts in accordance with warehousing standards
- Create documentation to catalog data warehouse model, ETL, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline, business, analytics, IT, or software development.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in data warehousing where a major component of duties
- Experience with MS data platform stack (SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Excel, Power BI)
- Experience with on-premise and cloud-based data platforms
- Comfort using: Database management software (SSMS, Azure Data Studio, Visual Studio etc.), MS Office Suite, and MS Visio
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#gcu #gce #datawarehousing #SQL #SSAS #SSIS #SSRS
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.