Data Analyst I
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a full time Data Analyst I in support of Faculty Services, to assist in driving productivity, system and process automation initiatives including reporting, dashboard creation, workflow automation and data management governance. This position has responsibility for reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of data, data transfers including payroll and feed into GCU accounting systems and other external systems.
- Retrieves data from internal and external systems and ensures accuracy through the development of reports, data analysis and resolution of issues prior to submission/transfer for processing.
- Develops queries, reports, dashboards and processes to continuously monitor data/meta data quality and integrity.
- Audits and maintains data quality/business processes/process documentation within various corporate databases and applications.
- Assesses the business requirements for Faculty Services, automates processes and workflows and expands or modifies software to serve new purposes or improve workflow or fit-for-use.
- Analyzes, interprets and communicates data performance metrics and feedback collection.
- Reviews and controls data to ensure ongoing accuracy and consistency within Faculty Services.
- Designs and integrates business processes and data flows between CRM/xRM and other applications.
- Assists in designing operational dashboards for management.
- Implements and deploys various applications as identified by management to maximize value.
- Works with stakeholders, faculty support groups, business development, legal, finance, IT and marketing/management teams on multiple projects, defining business requirements, coordinating system builds / customizations, reporting and data clean up.
- May use or rely on SQL tutorials for adjusting software and writing queries.
- Works on less complex projects and issues.
- Has a basic understanding of and proficiency with MS Dynamics/MS CRM and related developer tools.
- Has a basic understanding of department processes and policies and processes of related departments including Faculty Development.
- Learning to add value in order to operate independently.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Escalates more complex issues to Level II.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field.
- Work experience in higher education preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- A minimum of 1 year related work experience involving data manipulating, data governance, query and report writing, SQL, database administration or similar.
- Experience with supporting/launching/configuring/testing a CRM-based system is helpful.
- Must be highly proficient at Microsoft Excel with ability to manipulate delimited files using T-SQL.
- Analyst skills using SQL, MS Excel, MS Access.
- Basic math aptitude and understanding and an understanding of statistics.
- Well versed in creating meaningful reports and dashboards.
- Good understanding of end to end business processes.
- Highly detail oriented with strong analytical and planning abilities
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Software and developer tools.
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000018229-1