Curriculum Instructional Designer
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Curriculum Design and Development department is seeking a full time Instructional Designer. This position develops, adapts, edits and maintains academically rigorous courses in a variety of curricula.
- Applies theory, creativity, and problem-solving skills to the design and development of instructional curricula for adult learners.
- Analyzes program and course design for alignment to discipline-specific standards.
- Reviews course content, including multimedia components, to ensure instructional integrity throughout the development cycle.
- Provides support to personnel who are developing instructional materials and engages in direct-staff training as needed and/or requested.
- Collaborates with development teams to design new curricula, as well as to translate existing curricular content to new delivery formats.
- Designs assessment instruments that promote goal attainment.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology required.
- 3 - 5 years of instructional design experience required.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Office suite.
- Possess a high level of customer service skills.
- Action oriented and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Work in a team environment with the ability to be self-directed.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language.
- Work and thrive within a collaborative and rapid changing environment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000017165