Curriculum Instructional Designer
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Curriculum Design and Development department is seeking a full time Instructional Designer. This position designs and develops programmatic content and course curricula for traditional and online student populations. Assists with delivery of training as needed.
- Research industry needs and career responsibilities to inform and facilitate the implementation of specific knowledge, skills, and other requirements into degree programs.
- Applies theory and problem-solving to the design and development of curricula for traditional and online learners.
- Analyze program and course design for alignment to competencies and discipline-specific standards.
- Review course content to ensure competencies, standards, and benchmarks are effectively assessed according to the program design.
- Collaborate with development teams to design new curricula, as well as to translate existing curricular content to new delivery formats.
- Designs measurement instruments and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data
- Facilitates design meetings with faculty and professional practitioners.
- Maintains regular and frequent communications with development stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of projects.
- Takes appropriate actions to identify, investigate, address, and escalate issues when necessary, to resolve them.
- Provides quality service in working with partners, in coordination of workflows within intra- and inter-departmental entities, and in facilitating communication among stakeholders.
- Maintains proficiency and engages in lifelong learning opportunities that foster growth, advance job capacity and efficiency.
- Meets quality, productivity, and service standards established by department.
- Provides support to CDD team members as needed through training or one on one coaching
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in instructional design.
- Demonstrated work experience in instructional design preferably for higher education (minimum of 3 years’)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience evaluating course quality using established rubrics
- Extensive knowledge of various learning theories, instructional design theories and methodologies such as ADDIE with demonstrated ability to apply them to K-12 learning, higher education learning and adult learning in both online and traditional modalities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying instructional design theory, models and best practices; demonstrated proficiency using instructional design tools such as learning project plans, design documents, learning hierarchies, prototypes, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design principles and learning strategies, including needs analysis, backwards design, learning outcomes and assessment design, and instructional approaches including lecture, discussion, activities, projects, etc.
- High proficiency in computer application usage, e.g., Microsoft Office suite, graphics, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and skills in communication, presentation design and delivery and data collection and analysis
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023065-1