Curriculum Developer I
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Grand Canyon University’s Curriculum Design and Development department is seeking a full time Curriculum Developer. This position will liaise with academic constituents and subject matter experts for the timely development and delivery of quality courses. This is a Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. position.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or trainings that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
- Develops new courses using instructional design techniques.
- Facilitates design meetings with faculty and professional practitioners.
- Collaborates with the Instructional Designer, Editor, SMEs, and project stakeholders to achieve development goals.
- Manages multiple course development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines.
- Works extensively with stakeholders and SMEs to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet the learners’ and stakeholders’ needs.
- Maps course topics, objectives and competencies into program designs to demonstrate that standards are met.
- Meets quality, productivity, and service standards established by department.
- Follows a course revision schedule in accordance with advances in technology and developments in the field of study.
- Adheres to available guidelines, polices and technologies to accomplish and track project life cycle.
- Maintains regular and frequent communications with development stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of projects.
- Takes appropriate actions to identify, investigate, and resolve issues as quickly as possible and understands when best to escalate due to potential impact of issue.
- Researches new products and reviews existing product performance; recommends changes.
- Engages in a variety of relevant learning opportunities that will enhance on the job skill capacity and knowledge.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Master's degree required (preferably in curriculum or instructional design)
- Minimum of 2 years of curriculum development or instructional design experience
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models and methodologies
- Ability to facilitate-to-consensus (act as balancer of interests vs. positions among the many clients involved in a course transformation)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaborative in a service-oriented, supportive environment
- Excellent attention to detail and skills in communication, presentation design and delivery, and data collection and analysis
- Results oriented and able to organize and independently manage various projects simultaneously
- Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate a sufficient level of analytical and strategic thinking to plan and manage designated projects to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and/or issues and research resolutions prior to management escalation
- Able to communicate effectively, provide intelligent and persuasive guidance, and manage each development project to meet both deadlines and quality standards
- Thorough knowledge of project management methods and procedures
- Computer skills: Excellent skill in Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn additional software as needed.
- Writing and communication skills: Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#gce #gcu #curriculum #highereducation #education #remote #workfromhome