Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
GCE’s Human Resource department is seeking a full-time Corporate Recruiter. This position will be working independently but under general direction from the campus Talent Acquisition Supervisor, assisting departments and colleges in developing sound and effective customized recruiting plans and strategies, employing traditional and non-traditional sourcing methods, proactively developing candidate pools and ensuring the successful selection and hiring of the best-qualified talent.
Working independently but under general direction, assists University departments in developing sound and effective customized recruiting plans and strategies, employing traditional and non-traditional sourcing methods, proactively developing candidate pools and ensuring the successful selection and hiring of the best-qualified talent.
- Consults and partners with hiring managers and HR business partners to develop effective marketplace recruitment strategies.
- Prepares and implements strategies using multiple techniques including social media, eRecruiting, online database, employee referrals, internal databases, networks, etc. while meeting pre-determined service level agreements for assigned clients.
- Screens talent pools to confirm qualifications, skill sets, interest, job fit, salary requirements, work authorization and other customized criteria.
- Builds relationships and networks with target industries, companies, user groups, professional associations, educational institutions and others to develop and maintain a pipeline of active/passive candidates.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system for job postings and creates and executes queries and searches for qualified candidates.
- Understands and interprets reporting on key sourcing and recruiting metrics and summarizes data and trends for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management and/or Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with high-volume, life-cycle recruiting for a variety of job classifications in a corporate environment.
- Preferred experience in Higher Education environment.
- This position is remote in the Greater Phoenix area, however you will be required to come on campus for meetings and mandatory events.
- Prior experience with Workday or other applicant tracking systems.
- Prior talent acquisition/human resources experience in higher education is preferred.
- Skilled in applicant interviewing techniques including behavioral based methods.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.