Converged Infrastructure Administrator
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Converged Infrastructure Administrator. In our growing enterprise, this position plays a key role in our growing enterprise environment by providing deep technical expertise in systems administration with a focus on storage and converged infrastructure support.
The ideal candidate will have extensive enterprise skills in supporting a growing virtual infrastructure built on NetApp (and other converged storage solutions), Cisco, VMware, Citrix, Windows and Linux. If you have a collaborative attitude you will fit into our growing DevOps culture. We need team players who are flexible and able to adapt to changes within the traditional approach of managing storage and server resources. The role will work on high visibility projects involving members of partner’s technical and business teams. In addition, the role will support storage hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related services while following and adhering to industry best practices and compliance.
- Streamline operational processes to support the high availability of storage and virtual environments.
- Support and manage storage infrastructure.
- Support and manage virtual infrastructure.
- Provide application support for production, quality assurance and development.
- Improve department efficiencies with automation and process enhancements.
- Maintain performance quality of hosting environment.
- Support capacity planning through periodic performance reporting.
- Monitor and perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization.
- Participate in after hours on-call support.
- Assess viability of new and relevant technologies.
- Monitor various networking devices (e.g., Cisco environment).
- Administer networking equipment to ensure stable operational performance.
- Replace faculty network equipment/parts.
- Configure network ports and protocols (e.g, Ethernet, Fiber Channel).
- Schedule and participate in or facilitate meetings regarding user requests and service needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution, or a one to one ratio equivalency of work experience considered.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant technical experience working with virtualization, storage, networking and server infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with NetApp, Cisco, VMware, Citrix Windows and Linux.
- Use of Windows and Office products is required.
- VMware Certification highly preferred.
- Additional certifications, highly desired.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required to provide support and maintenance for systems and after hours on call to resolve critical system shutdowns.
- Highly adaptable and willingness to change to fit in with new technologies, and best practices and new DevOps culture.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000021905