Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Compensation Analyst to support broad based compensation programs, policies and procedures in accordance to the company’s goals and objectives. This position is also responsible for conducting audits, executing in depth analysis, providing reports along with ensuring programs are consistently administrated I compliance with company policies and government regulations. This position reports into the Director of Compensation/Benefits/HRIS.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to Human Resource business partners.
- Provides advice to human resource business partners on pay decision, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation related issues.
- Administers direct compensation for staff including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation related processes and actions.
- Participates in approved salary surveys to keep aware of trends and market movement in compensation.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation law and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Human Resources, Business, or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in compensation function for an organization.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive programs, company policies and operations.
- Advanced level competency in Microsoft Excel (data modeling, forecasting, charts).
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills for financial modeling, salary structure design, market benchmarking and job evaluation.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with human resource business partners and managers.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Certification as CCP
- Certification in FLSA, Job Analysis and Compensation; shows professional development willingness and knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Prefer corporate business experience in HR compensation related function.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023681