This role is responsible for the timely collection of GCU’s outstanding student accounts and protecting the receivable base through prudent collection practices.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding collection issues.
- Process and review account adjustments.
- Resolve customer discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts; follow up calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Meet reduction of delinquency goals for all assigned accounts.
- Enlist the efforts of management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with student service divisions.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as needed on collections activities.
- Send out monthly delinquency notices.
- Execute required phone calls to assigned delinquent customers.
- Manage customer disputes regarding outstanding balances effectively.
- Meet defined department goals and all established activity metrics.
- Ensure timely communication and follow up with student services divisions regarding customer/student accounts.
- Adheres to all department and company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- 1-3 years corporate collections experience, preferably in high volume environment.
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- Experience with GCU systems, CampusVue and ecollections a plus.
- Knowledge of billing and collection procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable practices, preferred.
- Solid skills in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks to achieve deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to complete job duties with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations.
- Strong goal orientation.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed to collect debts, which may be evening and weekend hours.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team environment as a team player.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.