Clinical Faculty Manager - Nursing
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The GCU College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a Full-Time Clinical Faculty Manager (CFM) located at our site in Tucson, AZ:
3500 N. Campbell Ave
The Clinical Faculty Manager (CFM) is responsible for the oversight of all nursing clinical sites in coordination and under the direction of the Director of Nursing Services (DNS). The CFM is responsible for monitoring and evaluating all nursing clinical sites and student experiences in coordination with the DNS.
The CFM will verify that faculty and students have met the credentialing requirements of assigned facilities and that all required documentation has been submitted to the healthcare agencies. The CFM will coordinate an orientation program for all clinical faculty to ensure that the course/program outcomes are achieved.
The CFM will schedule regular visits to the healthcare agencies being utilized each semester, documenting the findings of each visit and initiating necessary improvements in coordination with the DNS. The CFM will collaborate with the course faculty and DNS to help arrange substitute clinical coverage and experiences for students.
What you will do:
- Responsible for monitoring, and evaluating all nursing clinical sites and student experiences in coordination with the DNAS
- Collaborate with the course faculty and DNAS to help arrange substitute clinical coverage and experiences for students
- Assist DNAS to identify, select, contract with, monitor, and evaluate all clinical adjunct faculty
- Visit all clinical sites and the healthcare partner nurse educator(s) at least one to two times for 5 -8-week courses and twice during 15 - 16 week semester clinical courses, to support a relevant and comprehensive student learning experience
- Work in conjunction with course faculty to establish alignment of clinical experiences with course and program outcomes/goals
- Serve as the first point-of-contact for resolution of clinical personnel issues that may arise between staff at the clinical site and clinical faculty and students
- Coordinate orientation, training, and development guidance for clinical faculty regarding their clinical site and related nursing coursework
- Act as a faculty mentor to assist new adjunct faculty in clinical related teaching activities including but not limited to understanding their role as clinical instructors, grading system, use of pre- and post-clinical conferences, handling challenging student situations, student evaluation forms, course management site, electronic charting requirements, etc.
- Verify and work with DNAS/faculty/administration and student(s), for clinical makeup requirements
- May have teaching responsibilities in lab or clinical course
What you will need:
- MSN degree from an NLN or CCNE-accredited institution
- Unencumbered Arizona Nursing License
- Minimum of two years’ experience in clinical nursing practice or an acute care setting
- Classroom and clinical teaching experience in nursing program within last five years
- Proficient with technology
- Able to meet challenges of adult learners with diverse backgrounds; self-directed and innovative; Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#nursing #eduction #clinical #full time