Clinical Faculty Coordinator - Grand Canyon University - Tucson
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immediate Clinical Faculty Coordinator (CFC) for our Tucson location. This position needs an MSN and must be Board Certified. Please note, the home base for this position is located at 3500 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ.
What we are offering:
- Full - time w/ generous benefit package
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- (CFC) is responsible for the oversight of all nursing clinical sites in coordination and under the direction of the Director of Nursing Academic Services (DNAS)
- Monitor and evaluate all nursing clinical sites and student experiences in coordination with the DNAS
- Verify that faculty and students have met the credentialing requirements of assigned facilities and that all required documentation has been submitted to the healthcare agencies
- Coordinate an orientation program for all clinical faculty to ensure that the course/program outcomes are achieved
- Schedule regular visits to the healthcare agencies being utilized each semester, documenting the findings of each visit and initiating necessary improvements in coordination with the DNAS
- Collaborate with the course faculty and DNAS to help arrange substitute clinical coverage and experiences for students.
- Assist DNAS to identify, select, contract with, monitor, and evaluate all clinical adjunct faculty.
- Visit all clinical sites and the healthcare partner nurse educator(s) at least one to two times during 5 -8 week courses and twice during 15 - 16 week semester clinical courses, to support a relevant and comprehensive student learning experience.
- Work in conjunction with course faculty to establish alignment of clinical experiences with course and program outcomes/goals.
- Verifies with the person responsible for clinical compliance that faculty and student verification and documentation of clinical compliance requirements, has been completed before designated date.
- Serve as the first-point-of-contact for resolution of clinical personnel issues that may arise between staff at the clinical site and clinical faculty and students.
- Coordinate orientation, training, and development guidance for clinical faculty regarding their clinical site and related nursing coursework.
- Act as a faculty mentor to assist new adjunct faculty in clinical related teaching activities including but not limited to: understanding their role as clinical instructors, grading system, use of pre- and post-clinical conferences, handling challenging student situations, student evaluation forms, course management site, electronic charting requirements, etc.
- Verify and work with DNAS/faculty/administration and student(s), for clinical makeup requirements.
- Provide input into the evaluation process of clinical adjunct instructors/preceptors.
- Verify that evaluations for students are completed, and deficiencies rectified.
- Ensure all evaluations for faculty are completed and given to appropriate person to be tallied, report compiled, and given to the Director of the ABSN program
- Ensure all evaluations for clinical agencies are completed and given to the appropriate person to be tallied, report compiled, and given to the Director of the ABSN program.
- May have teaching responsibilities in lab or clinical course.
What you need:
- MSN degree from an NLN or CCNE-accredited institution
- Minimum of two years’ experience in clinical nursing practice or an acute care setting
- Classroom and clinical teaching experience in nursing program within last five years
- Able to meet challenges of adult learners with diverse backgrounds
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!