Classroom Operations Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education’s Office of Academic Records is seeking a full time Classroom Operations Specialist. This position will be responsible for processing incoming requests and utilizing the Student Service Request System with expedient and accurate service.
- Processes section-building of online classes.
- Process Student Service Request System tickets routed to Classroom Operations within 24 hours of submission.
- Execute actions in Campus Vue as instructed by University Policies and Guidelines, including degree program changes, schedule changes, enrollment status changes and change in student contact information requests.
- Administrative duties as assigned, to include: sorting, scanning and uploading incoming documents; mailing of University documents, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate solutions for requests deemed urgent by leadership, and the Operations staff. This may be achieved via phone, email or a ticketing system.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Two years’ relevant work experience in higher education preferred.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisory approval.
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and/or in team environments.
- Good written communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Thorough knowledge of all of the University’s programs of study and course pre-requisites
- Good problem solving ability and sound judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets and a familiarity with software databases is helpful.
- Knowledgeable of CampusVue, or similar student information software is preferred.
- Must maintain a high degree of business ethics and integrity.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, or other non-English language including American Sign Language, is helpful but not required.
- Must pass pre-employment background checks.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com