Campus Visitation - Student Worker (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking student workers to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through Campus Visitation.
Purpose within the Organization:
Filling out this application will submit your information to multiple departments within Campus Visitation. There is no guarantee that all positions listed are currently hiring, or that you will get selected for a specific role desired. Please note that you will be contacted dependent upon staffing needs within Campus Visitation. The possible positions you are applying to include:
Program Development Specialist Intern:
Assists the Program Development Specialist department with recruit-facing events, conversations, and presentations on GCU’s campus, while providing a firsthand account of the GCU student experience. This position assists with recruit-facing events, conversations, and presentations on GCU’s campus, while providing a first-hand account of the GCU student experience.
Office Assistant: The purpose of this position is to support Grand Canyon University (GCU) Admissions Representatives and Student Services Counselors in keeping an organized and welcoming environment. This team performs tasks that affect current and prospective students at GCU.
Discover GCU Host: The purpose of this role is to serve as a GCU Ambassador to prospective students who attend the Discover GCU trip. This can include executing weekly event operations, presenting on trained information to Discover students, and providing a positive and safe experience for guests.
Discover Social Experience: The purpose of this role is to serve as a GCU Ambassador to prospective students who attend the Discover GCU trip through planning, coordinating, and facilitating social events for Discover students to attend.
Dual Enrollment: Dual Enrollment Counselors assist with the enrollment and retention of current high school students who are interested in taking GCU courses prior to graduation.
GCU Live Lesson Junior Presenter: The purpose of this position is to assist GCE’s Ground Admissions department’s GCU Live Lessons operations unit with presenting academically based, livestreamed lessons.
ARC Tour Guide: The purpose of this role is to serve and guide prospective students on campus tours, including individualized tours, group tours, virtual tours, or golf cart tours.
Travel & Events Scheduling Associate: The Travel & Events Scheduling Associate will assist with booking guest arrival and departure flights, ensuring appropriate flight times based on Discover GCU event schedules.
Housemen Position: The Housemen position will support both the Laundry department as well as the Housekeeping department to ensure all GCU Hotel staff have the needed supplies to complete their assigned tasks.
Housekeeping Attendant: The purpose of this role is to ensure the Discover Dorms guest rooms are cleaned and processed according to hotel standards. Laundry Attendant: The purpose of this role is to ensure the guest laundry is cleaned and processed according to hotel standards for the Discover Dorms.
Public Areas Attendant: The Discover GCU Hotel Public Areas Attendant will ensure the cleaning of all GCU Hotel public areas according to hotel standards for the Discover Dorms.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Collaborates with GCU and GCE staff, as well as prospective students, professionally.
- Implements effective communication and presentation strategies to represent GCU's academic excellence.
- Provides support to full-time employees through the completion of promotional and administrative tasks.
- Assist with enrollment events and ongoing office projects as needed.
- Fast learner who works independently and completes required tasks with the highest quality of work.
- May occasionally be asked to work evenings or weekends.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, proactive, self-assured, organized, and dependable. Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Confidence using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Comfortable operating various office machines and greeting visitors.
- Take pride in work (accuracy is more important than speed).
- Comfortable multi-tasking on occasion.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Need a student willing to work 20 hours per week.
- Summer availability preferred.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student-first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor’s level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master’s level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipate End Date: June 30, 2024
Manager: Campus Visitation