Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Procurement Department is currently seeking a Buyer. The Buyer purchases materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring products and services. Also, solicits bids and negotiates the purchase of products and services for GCU.
- Reviews requisitions for accuracy; confers with end users to determine specific requirements and budget allocations, market conditions and availability.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
- Investigates sensitive or unusual issues or complaints regarding suppliers; provides guidance and assistance to suppliers and end users; reviews, analyzes, and interprets legal terms and conditions pertinent to procurement.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations, legal terms, and scope of authority.
- Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Maintains an effective liaison with suppliers, management personnel, and co-workers.
- Analyzes past buying trends, sales records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield.
- Prepares complex requests for bid, contacts suppliers for bid quotations; analyzes bids received; prepares and monitors agreements, outlines performance standards, tolerances, warranties, and maintenance requirements.
- Studies quality of products and services, analyzes bid responses, determines supplier of choice, negotiates terms of agreements, places orders, follows-up on deliveries, investigates complaints and secures adjustments.
- Researches industries and suppliers by reading periodicals and literature and/or attending meetings/events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Software agreements and licensing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade and negotiate effectively with various levels of personnel.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000018626