Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is hiring for a Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Design, implement and develop reporting and analytics solutions using Microsoft Power BI and SSRS.
- Create visualizations and reports.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide functional and technical testing of custom reports and software changes.
- Analyze data as it relates to business processes to ensure compliance with established business rules and to identify anomalies needing resolution.
- Manage multiple projects Communicate to management and end-users results of analyses in understandable terms.
- Ability to analyze data and determine/implement data enrichment or aggregation techniques.
- Ability to generate complex SQL queries and reports.
- Ability to develop test data, test plans, test cases and validate results.
- Ability to develop and document complex workflows.
- Experience in working with Relational Database models such as SQL, Oracle and MS Access or 3+ years working with MS Excel utilizing macros and complex formulas.
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information.
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible.
- Able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business with emphasis on data analytics.
- Previous experience in Higher Education operations.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com