Business Intelligence Developer - Marketing
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a new Business Intelligence Developer. This position is responsible for organizing, maintaining and optimizing the database infrastructure for the data science division of marketing.
- Designs data warehouses, data modeling and schema according to established standards
- Writes ETL/ELT processes for the transformation of data from multiple data sources, using the appropriate technology tools
- Creates and maintains data mart repositories of summarized data
- Manages the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data in the data science databases, based on internal data standards and policies of the organization.
- Develops business requirements and specifications documents through collaboration with customers and IT resources
- Establishes audits to review data to ensure data remains usable; establishes security and access rights to databases
- Develops all needed operating processes, such as, stored procedures, views, stats, indexing, data warehousing, and schema design that supports multi efforts and multi tenants
- Creates, maintains and enhances data models and OLAP cubes for accurate reporting needs
- Communicates with IT database team members to ensure all protocols and operating processes are being followed in marketing’s use of a shared database environment
- Performs cleansing of large unstructured data and enabling analytical capability in order to query the data and address various business needs
- Uses unstructured and disjointed datasets for the purpose of independently generating actionable business insights as well as creating manageable analytical processes
- Develops standard reports and functional dashboards based on business requirements
- Performs analysis design, development and validation and implementation of reports
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer science or related discipline
- 3 years’ experience as a BI Developer
- 3 years’ experience with ETL/ELT and OLAP technology processes
- 4 years’ experience with SQL programming
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval
- Strong ability to analyze data issues within reports
- Expertise working with relational and multidimensional database schemas and writing queries
- Strong ability to solve real world business problems by designing and building queries sourced from OLAP cubes, applying data mining algorithms, and designing reports using various toolsets and an SQL Server data warehouse
- Possesses analytical mind and skilled in business acumen
- Proficiency in BI Development
- Proficient in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth knowledge of database management systems, OLAP and ETL framework
- Proficient with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SSRS, SSIS
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and senior management
- Strong orientation towards providing quality deliverables and meeting deadlines
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.