Business Analyst - Marketing Web Development
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Business Analyst for their Marketing Web Development team. This position reports to the Sr. Web Development Manager, works collaboratively with various members within the marketing and IT departments including web designers, front-end developers, digital marketing specialists and assigned marketing partners, to clarify and document requirements critical in executing development throughout web properties.
The business analyst works between the web development team and other stakeholders to ensure that the development team has all the information they need to successfully develop solutions that meet or exceed business objectives resulting in improved user experiences, increased rankings, and overall implementation of web marketing plans which support the total marketing strategy.
- Responsible for understanding both the business objectives and the technical implementation of GCU’s marketing websites and web applications.
- Evaluates business processes, documents and communicates technical requirements for project completion, develops contingency plans and communicates deviation of projects to management in order to keep projects streamlined and moving forward
- Effectively communicates requirements from business stakeholders to developers.
- Critically evaluates all information available about projects, reconciles conflicts, and determines core business needs.
- Collaborates with front-end and back-end web developers to break up requirements into manageable work units that can be developed and delivered on an iterative basis.
- Collaborates with marketing management, senior front-end developer and senior back-end developer to develop documentation on new and existing functional requirements.
- Assists with team coordination by scheduling and conducting scrum meetings.
- Continually researches agile development processes and best practices, makes recommendations to management with regard to improving marketing’s overall web development process.
- Coordinates the release of new or upgraded web products with all relevant stakeholders.
- Interprets and presents complex technical information to non-technical audiences in a manner that is understandable and meaningful.
- Embraces change and strongly supports the idea and concept of continuous, life-time learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (business, computer science, information technology) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Strong requirements elicitation, specification, validation knowledge and experience and strong requirements traceability experience
- 3+ years’ of professional experience defining business requirements for software applications.
- 2+ years’ experience in driving technical projects through the development cycle
- 1+ years’ of experience with software development, preferably web application development.
- Familiarity with writing documents such as functional requirement specifications, design briefs, user stories, acceptance criteria, and test cases.
- Proficient in translating technical requirements to nontechnical stakeholders.
- Ability to learn internal business process and translate that information for the development team
- Research skills to keep current on related technologies and their impact on standards, codes and educational content.
- Experience working as a team with clients, providing technical expertise and support through compiling documentation
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional note-taking and organization skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain business relationships.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to work with ambiguity and delivering iterative values
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Familiarity with Agile processes and software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with back-end development, object-oriented and domain driven design.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000017289