Assistant Director, Search Engine Optimization - AZ Remote Opportunity
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education continues to grow and is adding a new Assistant Director, Search Engine Optimization to our team! This position is responsible for SEO and website strategy formulation across all web properties. Manages assigned teams in the development of websites. Responsible for the improvement of web properties visibility and raising the organic search rankings. Creates, implements, and analyzes SEO programs and campaigns. Responsible for the management, training, and vendor relationship for the approved SEO platform. Responsible for delivering excellent results through the optimization of the websites and pages that enables the growth of organic traffic.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or trainings that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
- Lead website optimization for all web properties, leveraging direct marketing tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, etc.) to drive results
- Direct, manage, train and develop assigned team in SEO best practices and content development and achieve goals of website optimization
- Develop and directs the measurement and analysis of websites and continue to drive optimization and achieve goals
- Design and develops dashboards to track organic and search performance
- Set up alerts and notification to monitor key metrics, spot issues, and uncover compelling insights based on goals and objectives
- Work with marketing team, web development team, and content creators to share learnings and to help cross promote programs as applicable
- Research and recommend the use of the latest tools and techniques and communicate the relevance of these to business objectives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in a Search Engine Optimization management role
- SEO experience in higher education industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various website platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in developing dashboard reports for the analytics and optimization of websites and organic search traffic
- Demonstrated experience with SEO competitive analysis including identification of page ranking, page rank score, pages indexed and links.
- Previous team management preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#gce #gcu #SEO #management #remote #workfromhome #highereducation
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.