Admissions Counselor - Traditional Ground Campus
Admissions Counselor - Community Colleges - Traditional Ground Campus
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University -Traditional Ground Campus students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Admissions Counselor to recruit students primarily through phone and email contact, and occasionally in person, in this unique campus-based opportunity. Starting salary is $40,000 per year with a tenure-based compensation plan that allows you to increase your earning potential upon the completion of each year-long recruitment cycle.
Who you are:
You find fulfillment in serving others and are passionate about the power of education. You’ve demonstrated success as a team player who thrives in a phone-based environment, is adaptable to change, and does everything intentionally.
You know it’s not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is making a positive impact on the world by helping community colleges students make one of the most important decisions in their lives through a quality education and community at Grand Canyon University’s campus in Phoenix, AZ.
Now is the time to bring your talents to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with potential students and families across your assigned territory (that is outside of Arizona) and play an integral role in helping Grand Canyon University students find their purpose from application through their first few weeks on campus. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as Admissions Counselor with us.
As an Admissions Counselor, every counselor:
- Has a servant’s heart. You’ll reach your assigned territory through developing and implementing a phone campaign strategy that builds awareness of our academic programs and campus community and drive inquiry generation. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students and their families. Whether over the phone, via email, text, Zoom or occasionally in person when you travel out to your territory, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Hustles. You’ll be busy using your unique ability to make connections over the phone with community college students, faculty and staff in your territory. Not only will you travel to your territory on occasion to host fairs, school visits and presentations, you’ll get to see other parts of the United States when your support is needed in other territories to cover events/activities.
- Bleeds purple. You’ll take pride in being the voice of Grand Canyon University in your territory and will not only promote our transformation, but you will get to be a part of it.
- Is purposeful. This is a campus-based role with ambitious targets! Working independently, you’ll be using your out-of-the-box critical thinking skills to support prospective Grand Canyon University campus students and families through the admissions process, guiding them on the right path towards a successful campus experience.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats, so you’ll need to show that not only have you honed your time management skills, you also know how to organize and prioritize competing priorities even while travelling on occasion.
- Clear communication and engaging presentation skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating on the phone, in writing and sometimes in person. You are confident and can engage any audience no matter if you are presenting over the phone, through Zoom or in person. You’ll also need to have well developed listening skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and love to go above and beyond what’s expected. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students and families, each with unique circumstances. You’ll also have relationships with community colleges and their staff to develop and nurture. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, a flexible schedule and is willing to travel about 25% of the time. Since this role requires occasional travel to your territory and other territories throughout the United States, you’ll need a clean driving record and be willing to travel by car or plane. Sometimes the travel may require overnight stays and it might require evening and/or weekend availability.
- Computer literacy. We rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Attended Grand Canyon University on campus and as an Alumni, can share your experience with prospective students.
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference.
- A stable income with a good salary.
- Opportunity to promote into a University Admissions Counselor role after successfully completing six months of employment.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
Pay: up to $40,000/year
Starting salary is $40,000 per year with a tenure-based compensation plan that allows you to increase your earning potential upon the completion of each year-long recruitment cycle
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000032882