Admissions Counselor - Traditional Ground Campus - Grand Canyon University
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University-Traditional Ground Campus students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Admissions Counselor to recruit students primarily through phone and email contact in this unique campus-based opportunity. Starting salary is $40,000 per year with a tenure-based compensation plan that allows you to increase your earning potential upon the completion of each year-long recruitment cycle.
Who you are:
You find fulfillment in serving others and are passionate about the power of education. You’ve demonstrated success as a team player who thrives in a phone-based environment, is adaptable to change, and does everything intentionally.
You know it’s not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is making a positive impact on the world by helping prospective students make one of the most important decisions in their lives through a quality education and community at Grand Canyon University’s campus in Phoenix, AZ.
Now is the time to bring your talents to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with potential students and families and play an integral role in helping Grand Canyon University students find their purpose from application through their first few weeks on campus. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as Admissions Counselor with us.
As an Admissions Counselor, every counselor:
- Has a servant’s heart. You’ll develop and implement a phone campaign strategy that builds awareness of our academic programs and campus community and drive inquiry generation. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students and their families. Whether over the phone, via email, text, Zoom or on rare occasions in person when travelling locally or out of state to cover events/activities, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Hustles. You’ll be busy using your unique ability to make connections over the phone with prospective students, parents, high school teachers and community college faculty. Not only will there be potential to travel locally on rare occasions to cover fairs, school visits and presentations, you may get to see other parts of the United States when your support is needed in other states to cover events/activities.
- Bleeds purple. You’ll take pride in being the voice of Grand Canyon University in your territory and will not only promote our transformation, but you will get to be a part of it.
- Is purposeful. This is a campus-based role with ambitious targets! Working independently, you’ll be using your out-of-the-box critical thinking skills to support prospective Grand Canyon University campus students and families through the admissions process, guiding them on the right path towards a successful campus experience.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree. No delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats, so you’ll need to show that not only have you honed your time management skills, you also know how to organize and prioritize competing priorities even while travelling on occasion.
- Clear communication and engaging presentation skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating on the phone, in writing and sometimes in person. You are confident and can engage any audience no matter if you are presenting over the phone, through Zoom or in person. You’ll also need to have well developed listening skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and love to go above and beyond what’s expected. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students and families, each with unique circumstances. You’ll also have relationships with school districts, community colleges and their staff to develop and nurture. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, a flexible schedule and is willing to travel about 20% of the time. Since this role requires being willing to travel as needed locally and out of state to cover events/activities, you’ll need a clean driving record and be willing to travel by car or plane. Sometimes the travel may require overnight stays and it might require evening and/or weekend availability.
- Computer literacy. We rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Attended Grand Canyon University on campus and as an Alumni, can share your experience with prospective students.
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference.
- A stable income with a good salary.
- Opportunity to promote into a University Admissions Counselor role after successfully completing six months of employment.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $40,000/year
Starting salary is $40,000 per year with a tenure-based compensation plan that allows you to increase your earning potential upon the completion of each year-long recruitment cycle
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046042