Admissions Counselor Online Division - College of Education
Admissions Counselor Online Division - College of Education
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Admissions Counselor to be the first point of contact for prospective students and help enroll them in online degree programs. Starting salary is $40,000 per year, depending on prior higher education enrollment experience, with an earning potential of six-figures after 6 years of successful service.
While these positions are Phoenix, AZ based roles, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided. New hire training will remain remote through May 2021 with more information to come.
Who you are:
You’re an energetic goal-getter with a team spirit, who is passionate about the power of education. You’re driven, self-motivated and empathetic and have demonstrated success in building relationships, meeting expectations/deadlines, providing excellent service, and multitasking.
You know it’s not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is using your exceptional communication and coaching skills to help non-traditional Grand Canyon University students’ level up in their lives through a quality education.
Now is the time to bring your talent to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in providing Grand Canyon University online students the roadmap for success from application through completion of their first few classes. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as an Admissions Counselor with us.
As an Online Division Admissions Counselor, a typical week might include the following:
- Strategy and execution. You’ll be reaching out to new and prospective online students by implementing a phone campaign strategy that includes 100+ dials and 3+ hours of talk time per day. You will also be responsible for introducing new students to the online classroom environment and keeping detailed and accurate records of student information all while maintaining confidentiality.
- Partner and influencer. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students. Whether over the phone, via email, or text, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Heart and hustle. As a member of a high-performing team, you will meet performance goals and generate referral activities. You will be responsible for guiding prospective Grand Canyon University students through the admissions process and towards a successful online learning experience by clearly communicating program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, time commitment, technology requirements, and student support services.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years related experience with at least 60 college credits completed. No delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Outstanding time management skills. In this role, you’ll be multitasking, so you’ll need to show that not only have you honed your time management skills, you also know how to prioritize competing priorities.
- Clear communication skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating on the phone and in writing. You’ll also need to have well developed listening skills, great follow up skills, and be comfortable helping prospective students work through concerns or roadblocks.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference by guiding students to help them achieve their goals.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students, each with unique circumstances. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- Computer literacy. We rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
- Prior call center experience.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference in students’ lives.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Generous PTO, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Benefits.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.