Admissions Advisor - Orbis Education
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (GCE) is a shared services partner dedicated to serving colleges and universities. Through its business model, GCE is able to design and support campus, hybrid, or online programs at the undergraduate, master, and doctoral levels. Since 1983, GCE’s leadership team has been a cornerstone leading educational transformation that achieves organizational growth and student success.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of GCE, Orbis Education is primarily focused on pre-licensure healthcare programs that relate the needs of the employer with the growth of its university partners, Grand Canyon University.
The Admissions Advisor - Orbis Education is a results-oriented professional who recruits prospective students to nursing programs and facilitates the new student enrollment process, which includes academic evaluation and advisement, prospective student and applicant processing and follow-up, in-person recruiting, and community outreach. The Admissions Advisor is highly motivated and passionate about achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
Starting salary is $40,000-$45,000 per year
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits new students to achieve new student goals for each term.
- Strives to reach the expected conversion goals for each stage of the recruiting process.
- Interviews prospective students through telephone and face-to-face presentations to determine motivation, interest level and academic qualifications.
- Presents and sells the program during internal and external presentations and responds to any prospect needs.
- Enters and records all prospect activities according to company policies.
- Adheres to all Orbis Education and partner policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the partner's mission, accreditation, history, curriculum, courses, academic policies and faculty.
- Participates in day-to-day operations activities, general administration and special projects of the site.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High level written and oral communication skills to accurately present information persuasively, professionally and accurately to groups of people.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude in the start-up and growth of an organization.
- Confidence, resilience, strong organizational skills, exceptional persistence, a high level of commitment, and the ability to guide and motivate others.
- Positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Working knowledge of database and software packages to enter, track, report, analyze and maintain student information.
- Professional and problem-solving approach to admissions issues.
- High degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Self-directed, with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of admissions processes, policies, and compliance.
- Ability to work variable hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Experience and Education
- 1-2 years of customer service, sales or marketing experience.
- Call center and/or education recruiting experience preferred.
- Experience working in a start-up environment or product launch preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000024172