Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s department of Financial Aid is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant.
- Responsible for maintaining the front office and reception area duties, including greeting and directing visitors, answering and directing phone calls, and processing submitted paperwork.
- Maintains and distributes contents of various in-boxes to the appropriate employee for processing
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible to manage the maintenance of office equipment including fax machines, printers and copiers, assists users, sends faxes, retrieves and routes incoming faxes, and maintains copier cards.
- Responsible to maintain sufficient office supplies.
- Performs clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- High School graduate (Bachelor degree preferred).
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a business setting.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Must be flexible with schedule.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000021242-1