Accounts Payable Supervisor
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Educations’ Accounting department is seeking a full time Accounts Payable Supervisor. This position is responsible for reconciling and preparing invoices for payment or receipt of payment. Working under general guidance, the supervisor has responsibility to assist the Accts Payable Manager with the performance and productivity of staff assigned to the accounts payable function. Position will ensure the timely and accurate payment and processing of accounts payable. Responsible for oversight of unit work flow, providing day to day coaching and training as needed. Supervisor works closely with Accounts Payable manager to uphold policies and procedures.
- Distribute all invoices coming into the A/P email box
- Responsible for day to day processing of assigned accounts payable, doing a 2 way and 3 way match.
- Review batches for coding and appropriate authorization approvals of invoices. Post batches to accounting system
- Responsible for special handling invoices such as legal, liquor, ACH’s, wires, etc. which includes data entry into requisite accounting/PO systems
- Process designated invoices timely with weekly communication for approval requests and follow ups
- Prioritize payment of invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Meet month end and year end processing deadlines
- Assist manager in month end closing, year-end close
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements
- Assists in gathering information for Audits, e.g., reports, invoices, etc.
- Maintain and update Pcard and accounts payable policies and procedures with management approval
- Build and maintain vendor relationships
- Build and maintain Department relationships
- Work closely with accounting team to research and resolve processing errors
- Assist Processing team with resolving PO issues
- Assist processing team in resolving payment discrepancies and disputes as well as resolving issues with special assigned invoices.
- Assist with expense report processing through Concur and Pcard administration as needed
- Ensures all transactions follow compliance with corporate policies, IRS and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and other regulatory guidelines. Informs management when infractions occur.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ related experience in financial/accounting department
- Minimum 2 years’ lead or supervisory experience.
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks to achieve deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to complete job duties with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team environment as a team player.
- Computer proficiency with other MS Office Suite software, intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of public contact by phone.
- Knowledge of accounting or accounts payable principles.
- Working experience in accounts payable department.
- Maintains composure and exercises sound judgment when answering demanding questions.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023363