Accounts Payable Specialist
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus
Grand Canyon Education’s Accounting department is seeking a full time Accounts Payable Specialist. This position is responsible for reconciling and preparing invoices for payment or receipt of payment. Responsible for entry into accounting system with a high degree of accuracy. The position will work Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Enter invoices for payment.
- Audit Purchasing card (pCard) transactions.
- Answer all vendor inquiries.
- Print all accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assist in monthly closings.
- Process expense reimbursements.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prioritizes work accordingly and consistently drives for results to meet deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Listens to others to ensure understanding; contributes meaningful information during meetings.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement of quality, processes, self and others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software; specifically Word and Excel.
- Able to work with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000019710