Accounting - Accounts Payable Clerk (NFWS)
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Accounts payable department with daily administrative duties to assure proper handling of accounting concerns.
Primary Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Prep new invoices.
- Enter invoices into accounting system.
- Review and audit Expense Reports.
- Assist with Monthly Statement reconciliations.
- Assist with 1099 review.
- Maintain files and records for off-site storage.
- Copy, scan, and file invoices and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and responsibility:
- MS Office
- Great Plains
- Concur Expense Reporting
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook and other MS Office products.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Great attitude, willingness to take initiative and be flexible
- Able to work 20 hours per week during semesters.
- Must be available to work Summer and fall breaks
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 3.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 5 hours a day
* Standing: 1-2 hours a day
* Walking: 1-2 hours a day
* Lifting: Occasionally
* Carrying: Occasionally
* Pushing: Occasionally
* Bending: Occasionally
* Squatting: Rarely
* Kneeling: Rarely
* Climbing: Rarely
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Frequently
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
* Driving: Occasionally, Rarely
* Work Environment: Office building on site or remotely. Work performed is primarily inside, , subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.