Account Executive - Online Division
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
If you’re passionate about education and have an entrepreneurial spirit, consider an Account Executive role with Grand Canyon Education as your next exciting career move. GCE's Online Divisions are seeking a self-motivated, business development professional to build awareness of our online academic programs within the Sugar Land/Rosenberg, TX territory. You will focus on building relationships with businesses/organizations to expand our reach to prospective students. You’ll also take an active role in supporting prospective students through the admissions process to guide them on the right path towards a successful online learning experience.
Starting salary is $65,000 per year; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases and the potential to make $100,000 after 5 years.
- Work remotely within your assigned territory, managing and implementing strategies to increase prospective student inquiries.
- Cold calling key decision makers at prospective businesses/organizations to build relationships and create a pipeline of prospective students.
- Create and execute event/activity plans, which includes conducting informational, prospective student presentations.
- Counsel students on the enrollment process from lead generation through first few classes
- Maintain and grow inquiry and account databases.
- Significant regional travel within assigned territory.
- 3 years’ demonstrated success in outside business development, consultative sales or account management experience. Prior higher education experience a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree (highly preferred) or 5 years of related experience with a minimum of 60 college credits completed and progressing toward an undergraduate degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and sales presentation skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial and determined attitude in order to meet performance targets, and the confidence to work independently without daily oversight.
- Computer/office software proficiency including MS Office Suite and CRM tools.
- Requires use of a personal vehicle, a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000016132