Account Executive - Online Division - Grand Canyon University
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Account Executive to oversee the McAllen, TX territory in this unique community based opportunity. Starting salary is $65,000 per year with an earning potential of a six-figure income after 5 years of successful service as an Account Executive/University Development Counselor.
Who you are:
You’re a goal-getter who is passionate about the power of education. Over the past 3+ years, you’ve demonstrated success in outside business development, consultative sales or account management.
You know it’s not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is using your exceptional communication and coaching skills to help non-traditional Grand Canyon University students’ level up in their lives through quality education.
Now is the time to bring your talent to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in providing Grand Canyon University students the roadmap for success from application through to completion of the first few classes. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as an Account Executive with us.
As an Account Executive, a typical week might include the following:
- Strategy and execution. You’ll be consistently identifying and implementing event/activity plans for your territory, building awareness of our online academic programs for education, healthcare and business and drive inquiry generation. You’ll be using your unique ability to fly at 25,000 feet in shaping high impact partnerships for your territory, while diving down to 'sea level' to execute in daily work through informational presentations, calls and emails, iterating as needed to maximize value.
- Partner and influencer. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students, their families and partners. Whether in-person, over the phone or via email, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Heart and Hustle. This is a work from home role with ambitious targets! Working independently, you’ll be using your out-of-the-box critical thinking skills to support prospective Grand Canyon University students through the admissions process, guiding them on the right path towards a successful online learning experience.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Outstanding time management skills. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats, so you’ll need to show that not only have you honed your time management skills, you also know how to prioritize competing priorities even while travelling.
- Clear communication skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating in person, in writing and on the phone. You’ll also need to have well developed listening skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students, each with unique circumstances. You’ll also have partner relationships to develop and nurture. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation and a flexible schedule. Since this role requires extensive travel in your territory, you’ll need a clean driving record and ability to use your personal vehicle. Some events might require evening and/or weekend availability.
- Computer literacy. As part of a remote workforce, we rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference.
- A stable income with a good salary.
- Opportunity to own your part of the business without the risks of owning your own business.
- Tuition Benefits Program
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!