Account Executive - Online Division - ABSN UDC Concordia - Grand Canyon University
Account Executive - Concordia University
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping our partner Concordia University - students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Account Executive to oversee the Fort Worth, Texas territory in this unique community-based opportunity. Starting salary is $65,000 per year with an earning potential of a six-figure income after 5 years of successful service as an Account Executive/University Development Counselor.
Grand Canyon Education offers a generous benefits package, including 100% tuition-free education for employees through the master’s degree program level and 75% coverage at the Doctorate degree program level. In addition, an employee's spouse, children and dependents are also offered generous tuition benefits.
Who you are:
You’re a goal-getter who is passionate about the power of education. Over the past 3+ years, you’ve demonstrated success in outside business development, consultative sales or account management.
You know it’s not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is using your exceptional communication and coaching skills to help Concordia University - Portland students’ level up in their lives through quality education.
Now is the time to bring your talent to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in providing Concordia University - students the roadmap for success on their journey to become a nurse. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as an Account Executive with us.
As an Account Executive, a typical week might include the following:
- Strategy and execution. You’ll be consistently identifying and implementing event/activity plans for your territory, building awareness of the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program and drive inquiry generation. You’ll be using your unique ability to fly at 25,000 feet in shaping high impact partnerships for your territory, while diving down to 'sea level' to execute in daily work through informational presentations, calls and emails, iterating as needed to maximize value.
- Partner and influencer. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students, their families and partners. Whether in-person, over the phone or via email, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Concordia University - Portland student success and institutional growth.
- Heart and Hustle. This is a work from home role with ambitious targets! Working independently, you’ll be using your out-of-the-box critical thinking skills to support prospective Concordia University - Portland students through the admissions process, guiding them on the right path towards a successful learning experience.
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Explore new opportunities, develop innovative strategies, and builds sustainable and direct relationships with community business leaders, organizations, educators, medical staff, and others to generate awareness of partner site programs.
2. Develop and execute the strategy and logistics necessary to cover a large geographic area which include organizing events such as on-site information seminars and presentations or representing the University at conferences and/or conventions targeting specific audiences.
3. Partner with lead to assist with pre-requisite process, pre-requisite management and pre-requisite completion.
4. Monitor pre-requisite progress through completion of pre-requisites.
5. Assist program candidate with application process and pre-program testing.
6. Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned territories and partner site educational programs to assist students and contacts throughout the life-cycle enrollment process including pre-requisite enrollment, management and completion, partner site application, partner program admissions, tuition/financial aid, registration, and retention processes.
7. Develop and execute retention strategies for every student successfully enrolled.
8. In collaboration with other University colleagues or management, develop marketing plans to promote partner site programs to constituents.
9. Facilitate the distribution of informational materials through all appropriate channels within a territory.
10. Remain current with partner site programs, new industry-wide trends, and developments.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience demonstrated success in attracting and retaining business-to-business, outside sales, account management experience with a significant product or service and preferably within a large, diverse geographical area.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in building territories and leads.
- Ability to travel in territory as required. May involve 80% travel requiring some overnights and on weekends.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Must be willing to acknowledge and comply with job expectations and compensation guidelines upon hire.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Sitting: 6-7 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Rarely
- Bending: Rarely
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work is performed primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.