Academic Web Services - Web Design Intern (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Web Design Intern to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Academic Web Services Department.
Purpose within the Organization:
AWS is looking for an energetic and highly creative intern to assist the design team in the creation of interactive educational media. The intern should be eager to learn and lend a hand within collaborative team environments.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
Assist in the creation of accessible, responsive web design development for Toolkit and Backlog Web Media
Creation of image assets for sequences and custom course content
Work alongside a PA and Developer on a full project lifecycle
Managing and organizing project tasks
Participate in team brainstorming sessions and design meetings
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
Mackbook Pro with mouse
Second Monter (optional)
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
Strong organization and time management skills
Basic knowledge of color theory and typography
Experience working on Apple platforms
Experience in Adobe Creative Suite applications
Basic knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications
Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
Additional experience in video media applications and Adobe XD and Figma is a plus
Grand Canyon is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as full-time student in a Bachelor's program or Master's program.
- Must retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the university.
Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Rarely
- Our department primarily works from home
- Once a quarter you are expected to come into the office for our training conference
- Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30th, 2024
Currently working at GCE? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000051471